2014 Annual Training Conference
This year’s theme:
“Local, State, and Federal: Different Missions – Common Goal.”
- Vendor Registration
- Individual Registration
- Click Here for Holiday Inn Registration for NCIAI Conference
- NCIAI Conference Agenda
Methodist University Applied Forensic Science Program Director and Associate Professor
David G. Pauly
Fayetteville Police Department
- David Pauly: email@example.com
- Event Dates: March 18-20, 2014
- Hotel Address: Holiday Inn, I-95, 1944 Cedar Creek Road, Fayetteville, NC 28312
- $101.00 suite w/out a full breakfast buffet
- $110.00 suite with full breakfast buffet
- $69.00 standard room w/out breakfast buffet
- $75.00 with full breakfast buffet
NOTE: The breakfast is NOT a coffee, tea, and danish breakfast, but rather a full egg, meat, potatoes type meal.
**Hotel rooms are being released MARCH 1ST, so attendees must book before this date in order to guarantee the low rate and an available room
Guest Speakers at this year’s conference:
Speakers and topics:
- Special Agent (Ret.) Steve Downs: Forensic Case Study of the Ft Hood Mass Shooting.
- Workshops in Bloodstain Patterns (FPD CSI Chief Grant Graham)
- Workshops in Latent Fingerprint ID (U.S. Treasury Department-Washington D.C.)
- Workshop in Firearms Trajectory/Reconstruction (Dr. Laura Pettler)
- UV and IR Photography (TriTech Forensics)
- FBI Evidence Response Team Briefing
- Suicidology (Dr. Katherine Ramsland)
- Naval Criminal Investigative Service-NCIS Capabilities Briefing
- Identifying, Preserving, and PresumptiveTesting of Forensic Biological Evidence (Sirchie) **limited to 20 attendees**
- Clandestine Gravesite Excavation and Drowning Deaths (Dr. Bryan Brendley, Guilford College)
- Leadership Training – Incident Command (Dr. Mark Bowman)
- Quality: the Love/Fear/Need Relationship in Forensics (ISO Accreditation) (Carmen T. Mcintire, Ron Smith and Associates)
- Dr. Dan Krane, Wright State University, Ohio, will present a one hour lecture on interpreting DNA statistics for the CSI and Homicide Detective
- Special Events: Tuesday night beach theme CASINO Night with LIVE beach music by “Classic Soul” https://www.facebook.com/ClassicSoul
- Wednesday is the banquet featuring Methodist University Chorus and Keynote Speaker, Mr. Frank Abagnale- “Catch Me If YouCan” http://www.abagnale.com/index2.asp
- The 82nd Airborne All-American Chorus will perform at the banquet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCfjzmVDQxQ
- More information will be added as speakers and classes are finalized!
**Non Law Enforcement personnel or trainees cannot attend the Law Enforcement briefings or training (ie the Ft Hood Shooting is protected information/Law Enforcement sensitive), and workshops are restricted to Active Law Enforcement/CSI’s. When we are in break out sessions there will be limited seats for most events.
We will have lists for attendees to sign up for workshops, but students will not be allowed to sign up until AFTER all active practitioners are given the opportunity.
Video and audio recordings will not be permitted during the presentations.
2015 Annual Training conference
- Hosted by the Guilford County Sheriff’s Office